Called To Care Committee
This committee is focused on showing members that the church cares about them and remembers them. The Called to Care Ministry conveys faith and hope. It acknowledges that God actively works through us in any visit or relationship. We have a commitment to honor the life experiences of those whom we make contact with. We minister to provide the assurance of God’s presence, healing, and peace in the midst of any life situation.
- Birthday Cards are mailed to people over age 65.
- Birthday Cards are mailed to students from 3 years old till graduation. (Continue thru college if they attend)
- Christmas Cards are mailed to shuts in and All Saint Day Families.
- Graduation and Confirmation Cards mailed to students.
- Cards of encouragement are mailed to all college students at end of September or beginning of October
- College Care Packages are mailed twice per year (prior to Christmas break and prior to end of year).
- Community Learning during Lent season
- Blessing of the back packs
- All Saints Day
- Blue Christmas
- Visiting shut ins.
- Arrange gatherings for shuts in from one facility to another for people to socialize.
Prayer Chain Ministry
Through this powerful ministry, volunteer members are able to reach out to those in need of prayer. Prayer is a very powerful thing! People have been blessed through the Prayer Chain Ministry. The requests received are passed down throughout this ministry and prayer is provided for a two-week period or longer, depending on the need of each individual.
Prayers are for comfort and healing, comfort and strength, good results from medical tests, successful treatments, successful surgeries, or whatever the need. Individuals have recovered from illnesses and some have passed on to their heavenly home through prayers of peace. Prayers also include prayers of thanksgiving.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
Prayer Shawls are two feet wide by six feet long. Members of Our Saviour’s make the shawls which are distributed to those who are in need of prayer. The shawl is a visible symbol of Christ’s presence and comforts those who receive them. People making the shawls are encouraged to pray as they work— either specifically for a person or situation. There are instructions available for crocheted and knitted shawls. You might even want to choose making a lap blanket instead of a shawl. Once completed, the shawl is delivered with a scripture message of hope.
Women’s Bible Study
This group is led by members, studies various parts of the Bible and is meant to strengthen each participants knowledge & understanding of scripture.
The Women's Guild consists of committed ladies divided into separate work committees. Each committee has Co-Chairs. The work committees are called upon to serve at funerals and other events within the church.
TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)
Our Saviour’s sponsors TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) which is a community group that meets weekly to focus on weight loss and healthy eating.